3.02.2010

Retro Fanart Jam

We received some wonderful entries and I want to thank everyone who submitted! Thanks so much for keeping this blog going and keeping me laughing and awed with some of the work I've gotten back. But now it's time for this week's jam!

Katie and I were thinking that, well, perhaps it was time to jump on the fanart wagon. Yes, that's right. You're drawing fanart this week. BUT DON'T THINK WE LET YOU OFF THAT EASY!!

No, see . . . we still want to give you a bit of a challenge. So it's going to be crossover fanart. Your only real limitation is that the fanart must be of a character from the 80s and/or 90s. They can be from either a video game or cartoon (so obviously they're all animated in origin). Now with the crossover, this isn't just throwing Princess Peach into the world of Doom. No, we're doing a crossover merge, meaning we want to see a Hell Knight wearing a pink dress and carrying a parasol while ripping out Mario's guts. We want to see Liono, now fat and dumb, living next door to Ned Flanders. Etc. Etc.

The last day to turn this in will be March 7th. Send in the artwork to me, and I will post them Tuesday. We'll be posting inspirational links (which means lots and lots of nostalgia stuff) throughout the week to help you. I'm personally thinking about posting some art links as well, just to help stretch drawing techniques.

A sign-up sheet has been sent out. Fill it out and then send me (the ever-hip Sean) the artwork. Again, this is due next Monday night. Have fun and tell friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment